Thursday, September 15, 2016

Log Cabin: Getting close now!!

I have been working on and off on the log cabin dollhouse.  It has been a headache in some ways because this house was definitely NOT made to any scale!!!!  So nothing fits perfectly!   But that same non-scale dilemma has allowed me the freedom to fudge quite a few things!!  So a mixed blessing!

I have made the rope bed and matching trundle bed.    It needs sanded and stained/painted.  I am also currently working on the warm and toasty quilts for the bed.   The quilts are slow going as I have been cross stitching them.  Of course I started with quilt for the biggest bed...it is sloooow going!  Hopefully the trundle bed and cradle quilts will be quick to complete!!!  
Yes the fabric will soften up after washed.  

I have also recently decided that I need a work table in the kitchen...mostly because I found a cute rolling pin that I am dying to use!    

Other than those 'big projects'. The log cabin is mostly done....just little small touches to make it look totally livable!

What touches?    

**A mouse and a mouse trap (I had been looking and just found one at an antique store this week!!)
** a chamber pot 
** wash basin and pitcher (oh I guess that means I need a stand for that too.
** a few kitchen things for the work table 
** lanterns, lamps and candles 
** I need to weather the wash board!!!




This dollhouse isn't even done and I've started buying pieces for my next dollhouse AND for a room that I want to do!!!  Plus I have visions of a shop or two that I want to do!

What dollhouse next??? 1940's-1950's era.  I found awesome vintage kitchen appliances at a fair recently!!

What room???  A Christmas scene from the turn of the century...but a well to do house..not a log cabin!!!  I have the furniture I just need to reupholster!  

What shops?    A quilting/fabric store and a quilt shop selling quilts!  I have nothing...yet.  

Oh yeah this is addictive!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hello. Looks like we are kindred spirits! So glad that you found my dollhouse blog. It is rather lonely out there. I have another blog, Welcome to the Garden Spot that is lively and active. Garden bloggers are like that. Active bloggers with lots to say. Not so much with dollhouse bloggers. We tend to blog when we have a project to share. My daughter's house stands pretty much the same as when I returned it to her. She works for a tree and lawn company so is very busy with her job and she has two boy 13 and 7, so she has little time for miniatures.

    I absolutely love your cabin. I have one more project and that is to build a log cabin replica of the cabin that my grandparents built in the late 1940s. I am collecting minis for the cabin and will have Dave the dollhouse store where I like to visit help me design the house. Yours will serve as my inspiration. Love the braided rugs. May have to make some. I think my grandmother did have braided rugs in the cabin. I'll be posting soon again. I need to finish taking some photos to finish my post on the furniture kits that I built. I have to put the room back together after the carpet was cleaned. Saturday. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete