Monday, January 9, 2017

Slow progress

I have not forgotten the dollhouses!  Life has just been busy and well...the houses are at points that the work is sloooooooow!

I did fix the wallpaper in the mini mansion...the wallpaper that I messed up when I installed the trim!!!  It looks pretty good  although a careful eye would pick up the repair.   But, I'm satisfied with it.

At a historical museum a few weeks back I saw a roasting oven that was used in open heart cooking.  I was enthralled and decided that my log cabin MUST have one!!!i thought about it..and actually experimented with a tin foil pan but I didn't like that at all. So I changed my material and tried it again....the cardboard/matte board was excellent!   I am very happy with it.  Especially since I painted it!!!!   I will need to get out the polymer clay and make a 'bird'  to have inside the roaster in the spit!  But until then I'm happy (with the back of the toaster toward the fireplace you can't see it anyway...but I know that there is no birdy in there!!!!

I have been contemplating the kitchen of the McKinley.   I knew that I wanted to go between the 20's and 50's for the kitchen...so I started researching...these pictures are inspiration for me!!!!




I also decided that I made a mistake on something with the McKinley.   What was the mistake?  Well since I'm planning on installing lights into the McKinley I wasn't too worried about prepainting and papering the house before installing it.  Yeah I was sitting there looking at these windows....and doors and all that trim and I decided that I should have painted the trim before installation.   No problem....I  decided to paint the inside window trim before the next step.   I was careful around the windows for sure...but I wasn't too worried about getting paint on the walls of the rooms...they will be papered over eventually!!!

We went antiquing this week...it was so cold that antiquing was a good option!!!   Of course we looked at lanterns!!!

But I got lucky and found two dealers that had dollhouse stuff that I liked!  I picked up an adorable ceramic/porcelain bathroom set for $5!  I also picked up a new gas/cookstove that I love but sadly is too big for the mini mansion I will just stay with the old fashioned coal stove.  I also got a towel rack, same cabinets and some neat little things like brass pots and pans, a brass towel rack,  a neato old phone, toaster and just fun stuff!!! I also got the cutest little sink....cute enough thatbibhave pondered putting a false wall upstairs in the mini mansion and adding a small bathroom....you would only see the sink..  I haven't ruled that out totally yet...but I am leaning toward no.. I have no running water in the kitchen so it would be kinda weird to have a bathroom with running water.

I got home from my weekend of adventuring and found a box!   My lights have arrived!  


So today I am reading up on installation of said lights....



I'm terrified Of this wiring process but I am soooo excited to see my wee little baby lit up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment