Sunday, April 19, 2020

The first Room: Stone House Quilts

I was so excited to get a good bit of my construction completed on the Stone House Quilt Shop but I was nervous.   I had little to no furniture for this project and I had vowed to complete this project with as little (Preferably none a all) financial expenditures!  Could I do it??  This is where I was going to have to be creative! 

Miniature Quilt Shop Room Number One

I did have a small corner cupboard piece in my stash that I had purchased years ago for a previous project that just didn’t work at that time.   I decided to pop that into my first room.  


Not bad...but I had a long way to go!   I also didn’t have many more and didn’t want to use existing pieces.  I want this to be a miniature dollhouse completed on a ‘dime’.  So I started to work.   I had some heavy cardboard that came with some fabric that I purchased (for face masks amidst the Corona Virus Pandemic).   I eyeballed my sizes and cut out two round pieces.   I knew that I wanted to make a round display for bolts of fabric.  Literally designing and building as I went, I created two display cases!   I painted them a nice gray.  I wanted something neutral...and gray is what I have!   They don’t look like much yet...but give me some more time!


Next up was a table/counter for cutting fabric.   I measured and decided on my size that I needed.  I used some matte board that I had in my craft closet.  I made it with actual drawers. I sat it into place...it was WAY too big!  

Back to the drawing board I went!  I built a pared down version.    This one with false drawers.  (Hmmm night I be regretting that decision already?)


Oh that is MUCH better!   In terms of size at least!   In that picture it still needs drawer knobs...but I’ll get there....I promise!!

I knew I wanted to display spools of thread on narrow shelves on a wall.  I have the shelves cut and painted...

I actually have five shelves cut and painted...I am not sure how many will be used in this location. It will depend on how it comes together after I finish my spoils of thread and put them into place!

Did I say spools  of thread?   Why yes.  I am in the process of making spools of thread.  The process is ongoing ...so no big reveal on that...yet.   But a sneak peak...

I have also been working on some quilts and projects to hang on the walls of my quilt/fabric shop!  

I know, I know, I know.  I am a long ways from putting it all together...but I just couldn’t  resist!!!!!

Yes I have a bin of ‘fat quarters’ on the cutting table...which now has knobs!  (See, I told you it would have knobs soon!)  It is coming together....well this one room.  The rest of the house/building is still empty!

I am having the time of my life as I work on my miniature quilt/fabric shop!   I am loving the vibrant  colors.  I am happy with the way things are looking as I set them into place!    I am happy with the lack of expenditures to complete this project!   I am loving this process!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment