Monday, February 6, 2023

The Library

It's been a long process!  I got the large dollhouse that I have planned to do in the era of 1920's years ago!  I actually wrote about it in March of 2021!  I had purchased it months before that!    

My work on this dollhouse came and went almost as if with the passing winds.  I worked on the outside and then paused.  I decided to create a library in the one room.  I worked on the floor and then I paused.  I worked on the paneled walls.  And then I paused.    I even made books for the library.  But then I paused again!  And when I say paused, I mean PAUSED.  Paused for months at a time!  But that's ok!  I eventually get back to it!  And that is exactly what I did at the end of 2022.    




I finished my entry into the Creatin' Contest at the end of November.   I continued to ignore the 1920's era dollhouse and instead dove into my miniature memory boxes.   I eventually did turn to that library.  

I began by creating the bookshelves.  I made the shelves out of foam board.  I added a swirl of yarn for decorative purposes and then painted the whole thing white.  


After I made the bookshelves, I realized that what I thought was a huge pile of books that I had made agest ago was not that big afterall!   I had to make more books.  And then I had to make some more!  I made books until I felt them oozing from my pores!

Finally I had enough books to fill the shevles!


Finally, it was time to put it all together!   I Placed the shelves and then started playing with the furniture.  I used a rolltop desk, phone, a side table and a chair that I had found at antique stores over the years.  The lamps, are battery powered and I purchased them here and here from Amazon.    The cookies and the mug were swap items I received.  Everything else was made by myself.




Link to youtube Video: 



2 comments:

  1. oooh! I love your library! I want one in MY house - I mean my 1:1 house . It has cozy spots to read and the globe is a very nice touch :) Good job on all of it! Michelle from Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow MaryFran! You have been a prolific creator! So many books adds so much interest to this wonderful room! Great work!

    ReplyDelete