Thursday, May 25, 2017

Number four

I have seen a few dollhouses in antique stores...in particular I've seen the mini mansion in some stores.   I have toyed with the idea of buying them and doing the same house in different eras.....doesn't that sound amazingly fun????

I haven't ruled it out.....

But in the meantime, last weekend I was in an antique store and for the second or third time saw a lonely dollhouse....one that needed work!  I had asked before for a price but never got one!   This past weekend they searched out the owner and I got a price.   I paid $36 bucks for it.

I'm telling myself no work done on it until I am nearing the end of work on the mckinley....and since I only just finished the first room....well it might be a while!!!

I am in the meantime staring at it and thinking and dreaming!!!


 
Darn blurry picture!!!

 

And the inside....

 

The 'wallpaper will obviously be easy to strip!'

There are holes for the stairs but obviously no steps.  Everything is loose.  There are parts missing.  It needs love!!!

I personally think that the house NEEDS to be stone!!!  So stone it will be!

I had always said that my next dollhouse  was going to be a quilt shop......but then I got this house.    So I was thinking a normal type house.   But then I thought 'why not...'. So right now I'm thinking a quilt shop downstairs and the top two floors the living space!!!!

Stone House Quilts?????

Ahhh decisions!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment