Thursday, May 4, 2017

Old girl

I have an elderly cat who just begs to curl up with me at night.   I feel bad about pushing her away to work on a dollhouse...so progress has been slow as I cuddle with my cat who probably won't be around too much longer.

However I have been slowly doing work in the McKinley bathroom.     I have some more trim work to do....forgot a out it until I saw this picture!  But accessories are being added and it looks darling!!!  If I do say so myself!!!

 

I have an idea for a mirror above the sink....and I have to come up with something for the wall behind the toilet.  And a rug and some towels for the towel bars....I also have to figure out the toothbrush holder and install that (call me dumb but I seem to be drawing a blank on it!!).  I need some bathroom-y supplies for the empty shelf....   oh and I remembered I had a bathroom scale that is now in place (I remembered this morning....the picture was taken last night!).  Let's see other than that...

Well for ease of a list.
* rug
* mirror
* toothbrush holder (how in the world does it go together?)
* towel
* supplies (toilet paper...toothpaste...more towels???)
* wall decoration

But that's not much.... this room is almost done!!!

I think I have the issue of the bed for the mini mansion settled....I am working with dowel rods...gluing then together then sanding the corners rounded.   It's working well enough I believe.  Tonight (or whenever I can get a break from the old cat...ethel!).  I plan on putting in the slats and manufacturing a mattress.   

I actually think I like focusing on one room at a time.   I have been thinking about my kitchen which will be next room in the McKinley to be worked on....but other than the appliances (which I lucked into way before I even owned the McKinley and the flooring which I found for a good deal at an antique shop) I haven't don't much more than plan in my head!!    I do have one or two things in my amazon cart and wish list.  

I thought these bowls were adorable....my kitchen though is red and white so I'm not sure.  
 

This stool a non negotiable though...

 

So progress is happening!!!!

Mf

No comments:

Post a Comment