Monday, January 16, 2023

Committed

 I am committed now!    I have gone ahead and done it!  I'm in for the count!

I have been working on my 1920's house.  Previously, I have worked on the outside and shared that.  A few months before we bought our house I started working on the library in this house.  Yes, I knew that I wanted a formal library!  I worked on the floors and painted the walls  But I then we bought a house and moved.  This big beautiful dollhouse sat wrapped in shrinkwrap for months!   In December I pulled it out and started to work on the library.  I've got one or two more finishing touches and that room will be done! I am actually having fun with the finishing touches and even made my own pencils.  

So the library is going splendidly!   I am determined to work on this beautiful house!  I'm excited about it (even if I'm not sure I am going to keep it!)  

 But what does "I'm committed now" mean?    Well, last year I decided in about March to work on a submission for the creatin' contest that is through Miniatures.com.  I had a lot of fun and worked well under the time constraints and entry deadline.  I loved my final project (once again, not sure what I"m going to do with it though....these creations take space!_ But regardless, I finished the porch scene for the 2022 creatin' contest and submitted my entry!     Of course I'm on the mailing list for Miniatures.com!  So of course I got the email about the base for the 2023 creatin' contest!   It is a market stall.  



  I pondered.  I thought.  And of course, I caved!  I did it!   I bought the kit and I am committed to completing it and submitting another entry!

The example of a finished scene with this kit was of a market theater.  


I have thought about a beach cabana....or a beach vendor....maybe selling drinks, renting umbrellas, etc.  But the thing that keeps coming back to me is an actual vender at the Green Dragon Farmers Market in Lancaster, PA.   In a corner of one of the buildings at that farmers market is a bakery.  They have their display cases and all of that, but nestled in the corner of their area is a enclosed little room where they have ovens, racks of half prepared baked goods, baked goods cooling, work tables ...etc.  Basically, you have a window into a small bakery.   I remember going to The Green Dragon as a young kid and loving to look in the window to watch them working.  It was one of my favorite things as a kid (well and the handicapped guy that sold pencils).   As an adult, I still have to stop and peer into the bakery area!       Yeah, I am thinking a bakery may be in order!

One of my hold ups?    Food!  I have not had much experience making food!  Ok, next to none!  I've dabbled a very small amount with polymer clay.   Recently, I pulled out my clay and made a cake.  I was feeling pretty good abou tit...until I noticed the smell  while I baked it!   Smell.....chemical smells to be exact are NOT good for our parrot!   Yes, we have a conure!   We researched....it is 50-50 on polymer clay.  Is it bad for birds to breath those fumes?   Not sure. The work around is to get a toaster oven and put it in the basement or to work with air dry clay.   We shall see what happens! 

So I am totally committed!    Totally committed to completing this project!   And 80% committed to it being a bakery!  


 Ohhh and if I do a bakery...I may have to break from tradition.  What tradition is that?   Well I alwayys put a cat into my scene.  Not exactly sure how to do that in a bakery scene. I have a few random thoughts and ideas though! The second tradition is that I don't include people! BUT, this scene just may need a little girl peering into the windo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment