Monday, December 26, 2016

Overwhelmed

Wow...I am so overwhelmed right now I can't even think straight!!!


First of all let me say that all major construction on the mini mansion has been completed.   She is fully painted and she has a nice brick foundation and a nice brick front porch!   The outside simply needs the chimney attached (way down the line) and some flower put in the window box!    


The inside is coming along nicely.  The living room is wall papered, the ceiling is covered and I have laid hardwood floors.  The living room floor has received their first coat of polyurethane to make them a little glossy.  I have cut the trim for the room (both floorboards and cornice!) and have that all painted a nice crisp white.   Why yes...I'm rocking the living room!!!


I'v sat and stared into the kitchen trying to come up with a plan for that room.  I know that the three main pieces of 'furniture' in that room will be a table and chairs (just two chairs). A cabinet and a cookstove.     I found some wallpaper that I liked but it just seems a bit too fancy for my purposes.  I do like the idea of a wainscoting!!!   But really?   What color scheme?   What floors?  Hardwood to carry it through?   Tile in a 1900 turn of the century house???  Decisions decisions!


So after I stared a while and came up with no answer...I turned my attention to.......(drum roll please)....the McKinley!!!!   

I have been putting off the McKinley because I wanted to have the log cabin completed (well mostly, is any dollhouse really ever completed).   I finished that with the rope bed being done.  And I wanted to have the major construction and remodeling work done on the mini mansion.   Check and check!!

Yes I didn't just look.  I cracked the box!!!


Immediately fear welled up within me!!!   How was I to do this?????


I read the first page and I knew that I wasn't the first person to feel overwhelmed when I saw this!  



I read the instructions started pulling aside the panels that I would need to start!   Apparently I start on Windows! 


It was getting late and I need a few things.....so I sat everything aside and went to bed!


They recommend hot glue gun as my adhesive...but I read somewhere that hot glue guns are no longer the way to go...so I'm wondering if I shouldn't do the secondary method that they gave....wood glue?   I would just need to clamp and secure everything for drying.....so either way I need a hot glue gun or some clamps and tape (they actually said masking tape works well!)


I think it's going to take me a long time to build this!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment