Saturday, March 14, 2020

Log cabin tour

My very first dollhouse!   It was my childhood dollhouse that was carefully stored away until I was in my 40’s.   And that is when I pulled it out and actually realized my dream of completing an ‘adult’ dollhouse!

I set the era for this miniature dollhouse in the mid 1800’s.   It is a log cabin and essentially just a big room!   It was a natural for a rustic historic house! 

  Ok, and some of my fascination with making this a mid 1800’s build could have been my childhood love of the Little House on the Prairie books!  I’m sure that is where and why I built a rope bed with a trundle bed!   Afterall, Mary and Laura Ingalls slept on a trundle bed in the Big Woods!!!

I had a great time with this build. I learned a lot and fell in love with the hobby!!

So let me give you the log cabin tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment