Monday, December 12, 2022

Mini Swap

 I decided to participate in the Winter Swap on my facebook miniature swap group.  This would be the third year that I swapped during the Christmas season and probably my 5th swap in total.  What would I make?  

Of course, I made a quilt.  It was a winter themed swap, so I did a throw quilt and a book.  Because that is the ultimate winter activity for me!  I have actually shown my swap quilt on here before in a post because of course I made a few extras!

I got my swap items sent in about a week before the deadline and then I had to just sit back and wait.  And wait...and wait.  Ok, my wait time was a bit longer because I had sent my items in about a week early.  BUT finally my swap box arrived!  I couldn't wait to open it up and see what goodies I got!  I was tickled.  Some of the items are absolutely fantastic!   It is amazing to see how the talents and strengths of each of us combined into a great swap with a huge mixture of items!   

Sooo, do you want to see what we got this swap?

This snowman and accompanying snowballs were absolutely adorable and the plate of gingerbread men cookies just topped of this swappers bag.
Presents and toys!   Love love love!  
A hat and a scarf!  So soft, and I can definitely see this in a winter scene in my dollhouse!
A sled and a mug for hot chocolate.  This swapper also included a really cool wreath.
Ok, can I just say that I swooned when I saw the skis and ski poles!   I have an attic scene that I've been slowly working on and these are going to go into that attic....at least until I make a winter scene!
A sled/toboggan and some more snowballs!  The snow man and the winter flower are adorable, and the little tree just happens to be a perfect size for a project that I currently am working on. (Stay tuned...it should post soon!)
The next swapper gave a calendar and two mugs of hot chocolate with marshmallows!  I had to include a close up of the marshmallows!
I opened the next swappers items and my mouth dropped open in awe!  Food items!   Food is difficult for me.  I keep saying that I am going to get out the supplies and learn to do food, but I never get around to it.  Or rather, when I do get around to it, I end up disgusted with what I create!  So to get these food items was amazing!
Next up with had a snow glob and some wall decorations.  I will certainly be able to decorate my winter scene when I make it!
This next swapper sent a wreath, a mug with hot chocolate with whipped cream and a plate of cookies!  Once again, the plate of cookies...woozer!  Amazing looking!   I included a close up of the tray of cookies, but left the saran wrap around it since I knew they would be going into storage for a wee bit until such a time that my scene is ready for a cookie tray!

A trio of candles on a nice display!  Love it!  And even though it is Christmas colors, I believe this may end up being an everyday item in one of my dollhouses! I do have a music room with a grand piano in the works...this would look really nice on that piano!
And we have a quilt and matching pillows.  Very nice!  The fabric is similar to something I have in one of my rooms in one of my houses, so it just may be heading to that house soon!
We have a bag of snow, some ice melt, a shovel and some snowy boots. (and a welcome mat)  I love the snowy boots!   They will look so nice beside a door in my winter scene!!!
Amazing was my first thought when I saw these floral arrangements!  Absolutely amazing.  I actually wishing that I had this before I submitted my creatin' contest because the arrangement on the left would be perfect on that porch!
The next swapper sent a throw blanket and a pillow!    It is super soft and will make a perfect throw across a bed or a couch!
This snow man was another cutie pie!  And I love love love the poinsetta!
And finally, we have my quilt and the book that I sent for my swap items!

Isn't the talent and creativity amazing???  This was certainly a fun swap!  I don't know what the next swap theme may be, but I may just have to sign up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment