Saturday, January 14, 2017

Let the snow fly!!!

Let the snow fly!!!


In the dollhouse world at least!!!  About two or three nights ago I started with the walls on the McKinley.   I was so excited!!!   I glued and giggled and was just happy as a clam!!!   I taped and clamped and I went to bed!!!



Yesterday morning I removed the tape and took a gander at the house!!!   Oh yeah, it was looking good! I was giddy!!!




Yesterday evening I got home and as soon as my real life responsibilities were complete (laundry, food, those types of things) I settled into the dollhouse work!  


First up was the porch....it took some time but the steps I needed to finish were completed.  Woohoo!!!  I have porch steps, and a porch floor and a back railing!!!!     Next up...tower walls....obnoxious!  So obnoxious!   There may have been a few moments where I said 'never again will I buy a kit with towers!!!  It was just awkward.  And well...gluey!!!!  My fingers were covered in glue!!!  I taped and clamped and glued that tower into submission!!!  (I have a bay window in the kitchen yet to do!!  Grrrr)


Seriously...I find it hard to believe that everyone else can be so neat while constructing their dollhouses!   


I soooo wanted to keep working but that tower REALLY needed to dry!!!!  I compromised and pulled out all the pieces for the next step of the McKinley...and read the instructions well.   But that was it...off to bed I went....praying I wouldn't hear any tower pieces falling in the middle of the night!  (Hahaha. Ok I wasn't really afraid of that because it was glued and then clamped/taped well! I was more nervous about the removal of the clamping system!!!)


This is my Saturday to work so I was up early.  And I jumped out of bed!  I wanted to check the structural soundness if the tower!   Tape and clamping removed and it was solid!!!!!  I danced a wee little jig and then headed off to the shower, grinning the whole time! 


I rushed around all morning to get ready so that I would have a few moments spare before leaving for work.   Why???   Remember I had pulled out all of the pieces for the next step on the McKinley?  Well I had looked at them and studied the directions and I knew how they fit.   I was confident that the next step would be fairly simple. If I had enough time I could conceivably roll through at least part of the next step!  


I had the time!  So on went the roof!   All of it!!!Glued and taped and drying while I am at work!!!



Let the snow fly...my dollhouse family (if I had one) will be safe and dry!!!!  Ok....so I still have a door to install....and the bay window in the kitchen is still a great big gaping hole....and well the tower has no roof yet....but for the most part my house is under cover and out of the winter elements!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment